Well it seems I’ve been issued a challenge.
Now committing to doing this post isn’t going to change my life direction, and its outcomes won’t cause me hardship or pain. It’s a blog post after all. But often when we’re issued a challenge our immediate reaction is to back away.
It’s another thing to do, time we don’t have, we’re uncertain of the outcome. Excuses are always easy to find.
But have you stopped to ask yourself what the flipside of that is.
What if you said yes? What if you made the time?
You don’t know what opportunities, interesting people, or new information you are shutting out by making excuses, being on auto-no-mode, or issuing long standing maybes.
Habitual excusing self talk will prevent you from growing. How is that showing up in other areas of your life? More important areas. Things that do have an impact on your future.
Often how you do one thing, is how you do everything!
So here’s my challenge for you. You can do the 7 things challenge if you wish, I’m not going to put the hard word on you. But I will challenge you in a different way.
The next time you’re asked to do something, I want you to pay attention to your immediate reaction and behaviour. Are you saying “no” for a really good reason, or saying “no” because it’s just what you’ve always done?
So here you go, here’s 7 things you might not know about me.
- I’m a little compulsive over how my shopping is organised in my trolley, and have to load things on the register conveyor belt in a certain order. Yeah I know…anal.
- In my youth on a trip to Amsterdam I partied a little too hard and spent the night passed out in the toilet….TMI?? sorry. Fortunately I was not relieved of my passport or any other of my belongings… someone up there was looking after me.
- I used to own a donkey. Random but true!
- My first car was a 1969 Torana (an aussie classic) which I did all the body work on and totally re-sprayed a lovely shade of burgundy.
- Oh Yeah, I’ve also ridden an elephant.
- I don’t do crustaceans, prawns, crab, lobster, etc. Don’t touch ‘em, cook ‘em or eat ‘em. Ewwww.
- Random sports fact. I love the US NHL, wonder if my avatar might give you a clue who my team is?
Well there you have it, some random facts. I didn’t include some of the ones my daughter suggested, I don’t want you thinking I’m completely mad! there’s enough of those rumours
Feeling up the challenge yourself?
You can blog, post on facebook or just simply drop 7 random things in the comments below. If you’re posting elsewhere, make sure to leave me a link in the comments so I can stop by and check it out. Also make sure you connect with Melanie on her blog, you won’t be sorry you did.
Thanks Mel for providing the inspiration for this post, and introducing me to some other fabulous bloggers through the challenge